Windy conditions and intermittent rains in the Caribbean will persist throughout the day
March 18, 2019
Diagnosis: In the last hours the rainy conditions in the Caribbean have been maintained as a result of the affectation of a high pressure system. Maximum gusts have been recorded near 90 km / h in...
Weather warnings history
In this section you will find the weather warnings history.
Windy conditions in the country and rains in the Caribbean and North Zone
february 25, 2019.
Diagnosis: The trade winds are accelerated over the country due to an increase in atmospheric pressure values ??over the Caribbean Sea, which occurs as a result of the presence of a high pressure system located west of the North Atlantic. The most important gusts recorded so far have been, for the Guanacaste region of 68.7 km / h in Liberia, 82.5 km / h in the Orosi Volcano and 88.2 km / h in La Cruz, while for the Central Valley you are they are 66.2 km / h in Alajuela, 47.0 km / h in Pavas, 57.5 km / h in Santa Ana, 34.5 km / h in San José and 38.0 km / h in Cartago. This windy pattern has caused raid of humidity and cloudiness towards the Caribbean and the North Zone causing isolated rains, which to a lesser extent are projected to the Central Valley; the amounts are less than 30 mm in the last 6 hours.
Forecast: The windy conditions will remain between moderate and strong during this Monday, showing gusts between 60-100 km / h in the mountain ranges of Guanacaste, Tilarán, Central Volcanic Cordillera and Talamanca sector, meanwhile in the lower parts of the Central Valley , the Gulf of Nicoya and the Nicoya Peninsula are estimated gusts between 60-80 km / h.
With respect to rainfall; Isolated rains are expected in the North and Caribbean Zone, especially in the morning, amounts between 20-30 mm in 12 hours, during the night rainfall is expected in the Caribbean with amounts between 10-15 mm in 6 hours. In addition, occasional light rains are occasionally possible in the mountains and east of the Central Valley, as well as north of Guanacaste with amounts less than 5 mm in 12 hours.
For the Pacific regions, conditions of low cloudiness with rain and possible isolated downpours in the mountainous sectors in the Central and Southern parts are expected.Daytime temperatures will remain cool in the center and east of the Central Valley, as well as on the Caribbean side. For the Pacific warm temperatures are anticipated mainly near the coasts as well as west of the Central Valley.
Due to the above, the IMN recommends:
- Extreme precautions for strong winds and possible damage to roofs, electrical wiring, signs, trees; as well as in the mountainous parts of the country (national parks, volcanoes).
- Caution for boats by sharp sea and very strong waves in the North Pacific, Gulf of Nicoya, Central Pacific and the Caribbean Sea, as well as air navigation by turbulence on the mountainous sectors.
- Maintain the monitoring of the flow in rivers and streams on the Caribbean slope, as well as in places prone to landslides.
- Avoid burning of all kinds as they can get out of control.
- Stay informed through social networks, Twitter: @IMNCR, Facebook: National Meteorological Institute and the WEB page: www.imn.ac.cr
Roberto Vindas / Eladio Solano
Everyone at some point have directed the view to the sky and observed the clouds. You have seen them dark, white, thin, dense, others that produce thunderstorms, lightning, hail and up to imagine well known figures.See more