Weather warnings history
In this section you will find the weather warnings history.
IMN-120319-Condiciones ventosas a lo largo del día
Windy conditions throughout the day
march 12, 2019.
Forecast: Today, conditions similar to those presented yesterday are anticipated, which implies a windy day especially for the Guanacaste area where maximum gusts are expected in the range of 80-110 km / h in mountainous areas and 60-80 km / h in the lower parts. For the Central Valley moderate wind is expected with occasional gusts between 40 and 70 km / h.
As for the rains, the probability of occurrence is very low in most of the country, only possible drizzle is expected in the mountain ranges.
Due to the above, the IMN recommends:
- Extreme precautions for intense winds and their possible impact on roofs, electrical wiring, signs, trees; as well as in the mountainous parts of the country (national parks, volcanoes).
- Avoid burning of all kinds as they can get out of control.
- Also, take precautions for the boats by sharp sea and strong waves in the North Pacific and the Gulf of Nicoya, as well as the aerial navigation by turbulence on the mountainous sectors.
- Extreme caution -at the aeronautical level- due to strong turbulence over the mountainous sectors in Guanacaste and the Central Valley
- Stay informed through Twitter: @IMNCR, Facebook: National Meteorological Institute and the website: www.imn.ac.cr
Roberto Vindas / Rebeca Morera
Everyone at some point have directed the view to the sky and observed the clouds. You have seen them dark, white, thin, dense, others that produce thunderstorms, lightning, hail and up to imagine well known figures.See more