Thank you for visiting this website. Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions of Use contained in this document this website and its contents have been implemented by the Instituto Meteorológico Nacional (IMN) and are owned. Its use is restricted for information purposes.
By visiting this website or downloading materials from same, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this Legal Notice. In the case of not accepting any of them, please do not use the contents and do not download materials from the site, the IMN reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice.
Obtaining, processing and display means of meteorological information, the result of scientific and technical activity developed by the Instituto Meteorológico Nacional (IMN), in line with scientific and technological progress, are a form of Intellectual Property Rights.
The information collected and compiled by the IMN is carried out with greater reliability than the current technological level possible. In particular, weather forecasts describe the likely evolution of the state of the atmosphere in terms of technical and scientific knowledge of this matter.
The information is offered free to citizens so it can be used freely by them. However, you must mention the IMN, each time you use it for different uses private or particular in one of the following ways:
- In the event that is disseminated without further modifications than its presentation without the technical content have been altered, the text should appear: "Information prepared by Instituto Meteorológico Nacional, Ministerio de Ambiente y Energía de Costa Rica."
- In the case of making her value-added services, you must explicitly mention the IMN as the owner of such information, including the following: "Information prepared using, among others, obtained through the Instituto Meteorológico Nacional, Ministerio de Ambiente y Energía de Costa Rica.
The IMN reserves the right to modify, add or delete information contained in institutional public places.
Weather information obtained as a result of scientific activity carried out by members of IMN is a form of intellectual property provided by the Costa Rican legislation on the subject and by international rules, such as:
- Reform Act of Copyright and Related Rights, N 6683 and its amendments.
- Law on Patents, Industrial Designs and Utility Models, No. 7130 and its amendments No. 7979 of January 6, 2000 Act.
- Law on Trademarks and other distinctive signs, Law 7978 of January 6, 2000.
- Information Act undisclosed Law No. 7975 of January 4, 2000.
- Law on Procedures for Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights, Law No. 8039 of October 12, 2000.
- Protocol to the Central American Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property (Trademarks, Trade Names, and advertising slogans or signs) Act No. 7982 of January 14, 2000.
- Treaty of the WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty (WPPT), Law No. 7967 of December 22, 1999.
- Treaty of the WIPO Copyright Treaty (WCT), No. 7968 of 22 December 1999 Act.
The information and meteorological data from IMN, free access to our website, are preliminary and should not be considered official data until you have gone through quality control, are offered free of charge, prohibited any reproduction or redistribution free or commercial without the written permission of IMN; however, Internet users may provide links to our website or concrete images thereof, must include the phrase "data comes from the Instituto Meteorológico Nacional", upon notification by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org of the realization.
The weather information provided by the IMN type are obtained by the greatest possible viability through the proper means of this science. In this reason the IMN not be liable for any damages that may result from misinterpretation or misuse of meteorological information contained in these web pages. The IMN only ensures that information is prepared by the institution when this is endorsed and disseminated by authorized personnel for such purposes.
To obtain data or specialized information, the applicant should contact the headquarters of the IMN, located between Calle 17, Avenidas 9 and 11, San Jose, Costa Rica or apply online using the form designed for this purpose at: https://www.imn.ac.cr/solicitud-de-servicios
The IMN reserves the right to maintain or modify the weather information disseminated through its Website, this due to weather conditions, which can remain stable or vary from time to time.
The emblem logo IMN not be deleted from any page or document containing or be used in unrelated pages or other documents, without the prior written permission of IMN through its legal office or address.
To establish links to this page, in order to display a page or image of this institution in a foreign picture, it requires the authorization IMN. However, can access the links that meet the conditions below, must be considered, clearly and unequivocally, as access links to IMN:
- They should only go to our login page, unless prior authorization for direct access to certain subpages you have.
- No may remove or obscure any content, whether technical or commercial whether any, contained in the original pages of the IMN that will be accessed.
The IMN not promote or recommend any commercial product, in whose pages can be linked with this server.
The Meteorological broadcasters that give warnings and predictions led to the public that have to do with the protection of human life and material goods of the country, by should not be contrasted with the information of the official weather services. All access to this server will be recorded and that such information will be provided to the relevant authorities, attached to a complaint or formal complaint, if they will try to damage or modify fraudster any of the content of the information provided.Visiting this site does not imply that the user is required to provide personal information. In the event that the user provides personal data, such personal information collected on this Site they will be used for the purpose, in the manner and with the limitations and rights stated in the Law on Protection of the individual against the treatment of personal data No. 8968 law.
The purpose and use of personal data that the user provides are listed in the legal text of the respective form that the user fill in this Site. Personal data supplied by users will not be processed in any manner incompatible with the purpose originally specified, without informing and obtaining authorization, users / owners of the respective personal details again.The requested personal data must be adequate, relevant and not be excessive in relation to the specific purpose for which they were requested. The IMN shall cancel or delete personal data collected when they are no longer necessary or relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or recorded.